The Windeward Bound Trust have a nine-day Adventure Under Sail scheduled for the upcoming July school holidays (9th – 17th July 2018). This voyage will depart from, and return to Hobart sailing ‘where the wind takes them‘ throughout Southern Tasmania.
Please click here to visit our Facebook page and see what our sail trainees have been up to on their recent voyage.
The cost of this nine-day voyage is $1390.00 per berth, however we have secured some bursaries (see below) and strongly encourage young Tasmanian’s to fund raise to help cover their voyage fee (click here to find out more about a recent fundraising campaign two Smithton Boys were involved in!).
Petuna Bursary (Reduced voyage fee of $600.00)
- Student must be aged 14 – 18 years
- Student must be living in Strahan, Tasmania
Australian Mariners Welfare Society Bursary (Covers the ENTIRE cost of the voyage fee)
- Student must be aged 16 – 18 Years
- Student must have one parent working in either – The Merchant Navy, Royal Australian Navy or in the Deep Sea Fishing Industries.
- Family must be of low/moderate financial status.
TaAnn Tasmania Bursary (Reduced Rate of $1090.00)
- Student must be living in the Circular Head Council Region.
- Student must be aged 14-18 years
PYBAR Bursary (Reduced rate of $700.00)
- Student must be living the West Coast Council Municipality
Please assist the Trust by spreading the word within your networks and if you know a young person who would benefit from a Youth Development Adventure Under Sail please phone or email Lisa today (0498 120 092 or Office@windewardbound.com.au)