YFCC is committed to ensuring that fair and effective procedures and processes are implemented and adhered to for the recruitment, selection and employment of people to meet organisational needs. Therefore, employment practices apply the Merit Principle:
- Knowledge: includes both the knowledge required in general for the position, and knowledge and understanding of the requirements for the specific position.
- Skills: relevant to the position, this may be professional and/or technical skills, inter-personal skills, leadership skills, administrative skills and any other skills relevant to the position. These skills can include relevant skills obtained outside the paid work force.
- Qualifications: can include both academic and professional qualifications.
- Experience: should be relevant to the advertised position. Breadth, variation and depth of experience may all be considered.
- Potential: for future development. This requires a judgment to be made about the applicant’s capacity to “grow” in the situation.
Furthermore, YFCC is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a work environment which is free from harassment and discrimination, and is safe for all workers and clients.