Youth, Family & Community Connections Inc. (YFCC) is a not for profit, community organisation that provides a range of services to young people, families and individuals in communities across the North West Coast and West Coast of Tasmania. YFCC envisions a community where individuals and families have the opportunity to achieve their goals and to seek positive change.
We offer a diverse range of flexible and accessible programs that promote the wellbeing and safety of children, young people and families.
The organisation has been delivering services in the local community for over 40 years and commenced with concerned people recognising a need in their communities. The current Board of Governance membership is still drawn from the communities in which YFCC operates, ensuring a wealth of local knowledge, skills and experience are utilised to maximise our service delivery and create positive outcomes for our clients.
YFCC has been working in partnership with other organisations across Tasmania for many years and we believe that by working together our communities benefit and grow stronger. This is the basis behind the YFCC HUB model – services working together in collaboration to collectively drive and create better outcomes in their communities.
To that we also bring a highly qualified staff and over four decades of expertise in the community services sector, professional and effective counsellors who have skills and experience in delivering services to a diverse population in a range of settings, and extensive contract and project management experience and skills.
Our dedicated counsellors and support staff contribute to a culture of continuous quality improvement. That very culture has earned us accreditation with the Quality Improvement Council, which includes compliance with the 19 Health & Community Services Standards and 2 Alcohol, Tobacco & other Drug (ATOD) Standards
We use a range of feedback and review mechanisms to build our capacity to better identify and effectively offer superior services that are centred within evidence based practices.
YFCC employs over 45 staff across the North West coast, operating from 3 locations in Devonport (including the head office), 2 locations in Burnie and 1 in Cooee.
In addition to these permanent sites, services are also delivered via outreach service centres utilising local service provider partnerships in locations such as King Island, Rosebery, Zeehan, Queenstown, Smithton, Wynyard, Ulverstone, Sheffield and Latrobe.
Our Purpose, Vision, Mission and Values
To create the conditions for a community that is resilient, inclusive and engaged.
A community where individuals and families have the opportunity to achieve goals and seek positive change.
We will provide encouragement, support and resources to enable individuals and families to participate positively in the community.
Focus on safety, respect, self-determination and well-being.
Committed, passionate and working to make a positive difference.
Fostering Innovation – embracing and driving change.
Collaboration through open and genuine partnerships.
Nurturing a positive team culture, open to growth and learning.
The underpinning principles of how we work are;
Client Centred: We listen to our clients, consult with our clients at every step of the journey and work with client strengths.
Collaboration: We know that together everybody achieves more, so we seek out opportunities to work with, and learn from others.
Creativity: We are resourceful and have the courage to suggest new ways of doing things.
Empathy: We seek first to understand then to be understood.
Inclusiveness: We embrace diversity.
Integrity: We own our mistakes and do what we say we will do.
Leadership: We seek to develop expertise, inspire and develop colleagues and master best practice care.
Quality: We want to do it right, even when nobody is looking and we seek to continuously improve.
Results Oriented: We celebrate success, acknowledge opportunities for improvement and report accurately and on time.
Social Equity: We seek to level the playing field to provide everybody with an opportunity.
Our Commitment to Child Safety
- Youth, Family and Community Connections Inc. (YFCC) is committed to child safety.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our workers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- Our organisation is committed to preventing child abuse identifying risks early and removing and reducing these risks.
- We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for LBTQI children and children with a disability.
- Our organisation has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers.
- Our organisation is committed to regularly training and educating our workers on child abuse risks.
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our workers to achieve these commitments.
- All YFCC Board Members and workers have Working With Vulnerable People registration.