We are very excited to share with you all that Mission Australia will be now offering our employment supports in Ulverstone!
As of Tuesday April the 2nd, we will be directly supporting local jobseekers within the Ulverstone area and surrounds.
Being based out of the Ulverstone Community House, our employment staff will be looking to support anyone in this area wishing to gain employment and/or training opportunities.
Specialising in Disability Employment Services, we are looking to work with anyone who may be experiencing barriers to employment as outlined in the below criteria;
- Participants do not need to be in receipt of Centrelink payments
- If under 21 y/o, they may be eligible no matter what their parents earn
- If a partner earns too much for them to be eligible for Centrelink payments, they may also be able to access our service
- If they have children under the age of 16 and are not compelled to look for work, they may be eligible.
Medical conditions, disabilities or barriers to employment may include (but are not limited to):
- Mental Health (e.g. depression, anxiety, PTSD etc)
- Minor-to-moderate physical conditions (e.g. back condition, epilepsy, arthritis, diabetes, hearing loss etc)
- Minor-to-moderate learning disabilities.
Mission Australia will offer one-on one, individually tailored supports such as;
- Resume and application letter development
- Individual goal setting and career guidance
- Wage subsidies available for employers
- Assistance in contact with employers and interview preparation
- Funding available for training and work clothing/equipment.
If you have anyone you would wish to refer to our supports or believe they could benefit and you would like to discuss their situation, please, I encourage you to contact me directly on my mobile 0457 898 501 or email ClarkeCo@missionaustralia.com.au
We are looking forward to continuing our work in this area and I look forward to hearing from you soon.