Working It Out (WIO), Tasmania’s gender, sexuality and intersex status support and education service, is providing a special Tasmanian COVID-19 initiative Working It Out Together .
While LGBTIQ+ people might experience the pandemic more acutely than others, we also have a long history of resilience and helping each other out which can help mitigate these impacts. ‘Working It Out Together’ has been established as a response to COVID-19 to facilitate both of these characteristics.
The main features are:
- A special webpage with details, links, resources and online forms to register to give or receive a hand: workingitout.org.au
- A process to allow LGBTIQ+ Tasmanians to put their hand up to get extra support during this crisis and/or to help out
- A one-stop place for LGBTIQ+ and Tasmanian-specific COVID-19 related resources which will be continually updated as new information comes in – the perfect place to find the latest information:
- Stay connected – a range of online and offline activities and groups to keep people connected and active
- Stay healthy – advice and links for how to stay healthy during this crisis
This program provides connection, support and assistance that is accepting and inclusive. It is currently planned to operate until September 2020, subject to funding and organisational capacity.
Ongoing support is also available to young people aged 18 and under, and their families and school communities, through our Valuing Diversity Framework. Individuals, family members, service providers, schools or community members can initiate contact with our LGBTI Schools Inclusion Officer, Xris Reardon, to seek support for a specific individual or their family/carers, or general school or community education.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0409 828 705
Working It Out Together enquiries to:
Working It Out