headspace Devonport has expanded and headspace Burnie is now open!
What is headspace? headspace Centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people who need help with mental health, physical health (including sexual health), alcohol and other drugs or work and study support. Our centres are designed not just for young people, but with them, to ensure they are relevant, accessible and highly effective. As a result, no two headspace centres are the same, with each offering unique services that reflect the needs of its local community.
Who is eligible? All young people aged 12-25.
What we offer?
- Counselling – mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists and counsellors
- Group sessions – new program coming soon!
- headspace Nurse – education and advice on general health and wellbeing, safe sex, drugs and alcohol or any health questions
- AOD – every Tuesday YFCC sit in both our Burnie and Devonport offices providing individual counselling, education and support
- Sexual health – Dr Josie from Family Planning is here once a fortnight for free appointments (Devonport only)
How do I refer? You can self-refer or a professional can complete this by jumping on our website –
Give us a call in Devonport 6424 2144, or Burnie 6408 0251, if you have any questions.
Or drop in and see us –
Devonport at Level 1, 35 Oldaker Street
Burnie at Level 1, 10 Mount Street.