Youth Navigator Project Worker
Youth, Family & Community Connections Inc. (YFCC) is a local Not-For-Profit Community Organisation that provides a range of health and wellbeing services to young people, families and communities throughout the North West Coast of Tasmania. YFCC is a child safe organisation.
We are seeking applications for the position of Youth Navigator Project Worker, to coordinate the Youth Navigator project in North West Tasmania.
This is a part-time role, based in Burnie, for the duration of the project with a project completion date of 30/6/2022.
The role of the Youth Navigator is to encourage and support the engagement, personal development and capacity-building of school leavers of 2020/21 to progress towards achieving their employment and/or education goals. Navigators regularly engage with their participants and focus on supporting their job-readiness, identification of employment and/or education goals and work with internal and external networks to assist participants achieve these goals.
The Youth Navigator will work with participants to:
- Help identify education and employment goals, and develop job plans,
- Assess participant’s skills, capabilities and interests, and any non-vocational challenges impacting their current progress.
- Provide vocational guidance tailored to participant goals.
- Connect participants to specialist agencies and ensure support and follow-up.
- Collaborate with complementary service providers, specialist agencies, the Department of Communities, and other stakeholders.
- Achieve individual targets and contribute to the achievement of team targets and KPIs.
- Maintain timely, accurate case notes.
The person we are looking for will be engaging, articulate and knowledgeable in the areas of Youth Services. They will have a minimum of a Cert IV in Employment Services or similar, and a minimum of two years demonstrated experience working with youth in a similar role.
YFCC is a child safe organisation. All applicants must provide a current Driver’s Licence, National Police check, Working with Vulnerable People Registration, Qualification records and current Referees. Applicants must also be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical.
For the successful applicant the remuneration package includes:
- Salary in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 commencing at Level 4
- Motor vehicle
- Training and professional development provision
- Salary sacrifice
For further information on this role and/or to obtain an application package (including Selection Criteria), contact the Operations Manager, Graham Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0499 101 313.