Youth Development Coach – Youth At Risk Centre (YARC) Launceston
(4 x part time positions)
Youth, Family & Community Connections Inc. is a local Not-For-Profit Community Organisation providing a range of services for young people, families and communities throughout North and North West Tasmania.
We are seeking applications for the above position to work within our Youth Accommodation Support Services Team. The position will be based at the Youth At Risk Centre (YARC), Launceston. The facility is due for operational commencement in September 2022, with the Youth Development Coach roles commencing in July (with some flexibility).
The role will provide trauma informed coaching and case management practice, within a strengths based, Advantaged Thinking, framework for young people (aged 12-15) in residence at the facility.
The role includes day and night shifts, with some rostered weekend work. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring residents are accommodated and supports are provided appropriate to their needs
- Working with the Strong Families Safe Kids Advice and Referral Line within a Care Team approach
- Working with families/carers, partner organisations and other services
- Intake and assessment
- Supported referrals and provision of outreach supports
- Coaching, case management and case coordination
- Data collection and entry and reporting
- Provision of on-call support to other YARC staff after hours and weekends (scheduled roster)
The person we are looking for will be engaging, passionate, knowledgeable in the areas of Youth and Housing Support Services and able to work towards positive outcomes for young people.
To qualify for an interview, applicants must have as a minimum a tertiary qualification in Community Services, or relevant field, proven experience in supporting teams to accomplish KPI’s and contractual requirements and experience with operationalising services for young people.
YFCC is a child safe organisation. All applicants must provide a current Driver’s Licence, National Police check, Working with Vulnerable People Registration, Qualification records and current Referees. Applicants must also be willing to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical.
For the successful applicant the remuneration package includes:
- Salary commencing at Level 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
- Training and professional development provision
- Practice supervision
- Salary sacrifice
Further information about the role and an application package, including position description and selection criteria, can be obtained by contacting the Accommodation Services Team Leader, Shane Leonard, on 0427 691 198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.