Youth, Family & Community Connections Inc. is a local Not-For-Profit Community Organisation providing a range of health and wellbeing services for young people, families and communities throughout the North and North West Tasmania.
We are seeking applicants for the above role, to work within our Malana (Youth At Risk Centre) Team providing casual relief to cover absences during annual, long service and personal leave and as required.
The role will provide trauma informed coaching and case management practice, within a strengths based, Advantaged Thinking, framework for young people (aged 12–15) in residence at the facility.
The role may include day and night shifts, with some weekend work. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring residents are accommodated and supports are provided appropriate to their needs
- Working with the Strong Families Safe Kids Advice and Referral Line within a Care Team approach
- Working with families/carers, partner organisations and other services
- Intake and assessment
- Supported referrals and provision of outreach supports
- Coaching, case management and case coordination
- Data collection and entry and reporting
The person we are looking for will be engaging, passionate, knowledgeable in the areas of Youth and Housing Support Services and able to work towards positive outcomes for young people.
To qualify for an interview, applicants must have as a minimum a Diploma qualification in Community Services, or relevant field.
YFCC is a child safe organisation. All applicants must provide a current Driver’s Licence, National Police check, Working with Vulnerable People Registration, Qualification records and current Referees. Applicants must also be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical.
For the successful applicant the remuneration package includes:
- Salary commencing at Level 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
- Training and professional development provision
- Practice supervision
- Salary sacrifice
Further information about the role and an application package, including position description and selection criteria, can be obtained by contacting the Accommodation Services Team Leader, Shane Leonard, on 0427 691 198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.