Part time – 39 hours per fortnight
Youth, Family & Community Connections Inc. is a local Not-For-Profit Community Organisation that facilitates a range of across the North-West and West Coasts of Tasmania designed to support youth, families and individuals in need to develop skills and opportunities to enable them to participate within the community.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to work within our Crisis Accommodation Support Services Team, working from both YFCC Youth Crisis Shelters in Burnie and Devonport.
The role aims to provide immediate emergency services and support to young people, aged 13-21, who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of experiencing homelessness.
The role involves:
- Intake and assessment
- Brief intervention, education and information
- Supported Referral
- Case management and case coordination utilising evidence-based therapeutic models
- Data collection and entry
- Health Promotion
- Working autonomously and as part of a team
We are looking for applicants that are engaging, passionate and knowledgeable in the areas of Youth and Housing Support Services.
To qualify for an interview, applicants must have as a minimum a Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or equivalent and experience working with young people utilising a range of evidence-based therapeutic models, including trauma-informed practice. Applicants must also have a current Driver’s Licence AND a Working with Vulnerable People Registration and be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical.
For the successful applicant the generous remuneration package includes:
- Salary in accordance with the Crisis Shelter Staff Current Enterprise Agreement and the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, commencing at the equivalent to Level 5.
- Training and professional development provision
- Salary sacrifice
Further information about the role and an application package, including position description and selection criteria, can be obtained by contacting the YFCC Operations Manager, Graham Marshall, on 0499 101 313 or email email@example.com.