Integrated Family Support Service
YFCC is a member of the North West Integrated Family Support Service (IFSS) alliance. The development of this alliance aims to provide early intervention combined with a strong coordinated response to vulnerable children and families. Referral to this service can be made through the Mission Australia Gateway Service on 1800 171 233. The objective of IFSS, is to promote safety, stability, and wellbeing of vulnerable children, young people and their families. IFSS promotes strong functional and well supported families by building child, family and community capacity and resilience.
In line with the vision, mission and values of Youth, Family and Community Connections, the IFSS team aims to achieve outcomes that allow people to positively contribute to their family and the community. The IFSS team is dedicated to providing accessible and flexible services to the North West Coast area through assertive outreach to children & families. IFSS can provide a range of services that promote the wellbeing and safety of children, young people and families including:
- Timely support to families in need
- Counselling to families & young people
- Case management
- Assertive outreach
- Conflict resolution
- Community education
- Flexible approach to meet needs of young people & their families
- Parenting skill development
- Building resilience & providing coping strategies
- Provides a strengthens based team to promote change
Helping Young Parents Program
The Helping Young Parents program is a collaborative project between YFCC, Mission Australia and CatholicCare under the Communities for Children (CfC) program. The HYP program has been going for three years through CfC, and in August 2015, they introduced key workers from YFCC and Mission to provide an outreach component of the program. The referral process is directly to Key Workers and they offer support in whatever capacity is needed as it is a client based approach
ParentsNext is a collaborative project between YFCC and WISE Employment which has been funded by the Federal Governments Department of Employment. YFCC employ a Key Worker based in Burnie who works directly with parents with young children to develop solutions and provide assistance to overcome barriers to employment and social inclusion. Key objectives of the ParentsNext program include, but are not limited to:
- Target early intervention assistance to parents at risk of long-term welfare dependency.
- Help parents identify their education and employment related goals and participate in activities that help them achieve their goals,
- Connect parents to local services that can help them address their barriers to employment.