Crisis Accommodation Support Service
It is well understood that there a variety of pathways into adulthood – some of these pathways are relatively straight forward, while others present a range of issues that need to be overcome.
Staff at the Crisis Accommodation Support Service have many years of experience working with and supporting youth. Staff aim to provide opportunities for young people to address issues and support them toward a more stable environment.
The Accommodation Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We can help if you…
- Are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Are aged between 13–20 years of age (inclusive)
- Are male or female
- Need support
- Crisis accommodation for up to 6 weeks
- A safe and friendly environment
- Assistance with living skills
- Information about, and referral to, other services
- Assistance with maintaining or accessing education, training and employment
- If you receive an income, there is a weekly board payment and a compulsory savings plan
- You will be asked to contribute to daily chores which are rotated amongst residents
- We do not permit alcohol or drugs on the premises
- We are not able to accommodate pets
Transitional Accommodation Support Services
The Transitional Accommodation Support Services (TASS) provides young people (aged 13–20 years of age and young parents 15–20 with their child/ren) with:
- Development of a flexible and individual solution focused case management plan
- Referral/support as needed during referral process
- Assisting clients in finding and keeping appropriate housing
- Participating in living skill activities that are part of the case management plan
- Supporting the development of living skills which allow clients to live independently
- Advocacy service on behalf of clients who require access to government, legal and other community services.
- Provision of client transport when it is relevant to the outcomes of the case management plan.
- Provision of support with parenting.